Safari and iOS both have options that can hide ip addresses which can break DNS resolution with DNS proxy network extension. DNSFilter's Roaming Client uses network extension (for DNS proxy capability) to handle all the DNS flow from the device.
Therefore, when using both Apple's iOS solution and the DNSFilter iOS Roaming Client on the same device, some websites may not load or only partially load.
Disable one or more of the ip address hiding capabilities across Safari and iOS. Depending on the current device configuration, any or all may apply.
iCloud Private Relay
Available if subscribed to iCloud+
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Private Relay
- Select/move the Private Relay slider to off/white
This will present a popup
- Select Turn Off Private Relay
Limit IP Address Tracking
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Network Settings
- Select/move the Limit IP Address Tracking slider to off/white
- Repeat for each network used
Hide IP Address
- Go to Settings > Safari
- Select Hide IP Address
- Select Off
Unfortunately, Apple does not offer an MDM-based method for disabling these settings on iOS devices, so there’s no way to deploy this setting to multiple iOS devices at once via MDM. The only way to disable these settings is manually in iOS on each device.