Frequently Asked AppAware Questions
- What is AppAware?
- AppAware allows users to have real-time visibility of application activity on their network, as well as taking immediate and proactive actions to block apps which do not align with their internal policies. AppAware is available to all Enterprise, Pro+, and MSP customers.
- How does AppAware work?
AppAware is a new security configuration that helps to easily control common applications in an organization’s security policy. The new feature allows you block over 100 risky applications from being used on your network. For more information on how AppAware works, please visit our AppAware blocking documentation here.
- Can AppAware block a single application or a group of applications?
- Yes, organizations can now block single applications or a group of applications directly along with their associated domains. Workplace distractions like Facebook and Netflix etc can now be blocked to increase productivity within your organization.
- You can also block high-risk applications and prevent remote desktop attacks that give attackers a backdoor into your organization’s network. With over 100 applications grouped into a dozen categories, you can block a single application or an entire category of applications e.g., The Shopping category allows you to block e-commerce sites like Amazon and the Apple Store.
- Does AppAware have real-time reporting visibility?
- Yes, AppAware offers reporting for your organizations in your dashboard under Reporting > AppAware. For more information, please review our AppAware's Reporting documentation here.
- Can AppAware block Chrome Extensions?
- There are certain Chrome Extensions that we can block such as LogMeIn. There are also other chrome extensions that cannot be blocked. This is going to depend on the extension and how it loads its resources and data.