In this guide, you will learn how to deploy the DNSFilter Roaming Client to your Windows hosts using Microsoft Intune (Microsoft Endpoint Manager).
- Go to App → All Apps and click Add
- In the Select App type pane, under Other App types, select Line-of-business app.
- Click Select to display the steps for adding an app
- In the Add app pane, click Select app package file
- In the App package file pane, use the file browser button to select the Windows installation file for the Roaming Client
- Once the installation file has been selected, click Ok on the pane. You will then be taken to the App Information screen to add the details for your application. Some of the app details might already be filled in based on the selected app.
- On the App Information page, fill in the form fields as follows:
- Name: DNSFilter agent 64bit
- Description: DNS Filter Agent
- Publisher: DNS Filter
- App Install Context: Device
- Ignore app version: No
- Command-line arguments: NKEY=”Your Site Key”
- Category: Computer Management
- Show this as a featured app in the Company Portal: Yes
- Leave the rest of the options blank or with their default values
- Click Review & Save, then skip the Scope tags and Assignments page.
- Click Create to complete the process.
- Once the process is complete, your app is displayed in the list of apps. You can then assign the app to groups that you choose.
Article is closed for comments.