The Users feature allows administrators to view and apply specific policies, schedules, and block pages to an organization’s users on a granular level. Reports and query logs can also be filtered on a per-user basis, to enable more detailed reporting and troubleshooting.
In order for Users to be filtered and reported on, the following must be true:
- Roaming Client should be installed on the device.
- The device has communicated with the DNSFilter Dashboard at least once after the user has logged in.
- All applicable users must login to the device.
Applying User-based Policies
Follow these steps to apply Policies, Schedules, and Block Pages to specific users from within your DNSFilter Dashboard:
- Navigate to Deployments > Users.
- Find the user you wish to override the inherited policy, schedule, or block page.
- Click the text within the Policy/Schedule column to choose the new Policy/Schedule to apply to this user.
- Click the text within the Block Page column to choose the new Block Page to apply to this user.
Per-user reporting is visible in several areas of the dashboard.
Per-User Information in Query Log
- Navigate to Tools > Query Log.
- Select the user from the dropdown list and optionally apply additional filtering options.
Per-User Information in Reporting Insights
Follow these steps to navigate to Reporting Insights and view user-based reporting information:
- Navigate to Reporting > Insights.
- Scroll down to "All Requests by Domain" and click the toggle for Users