This section is for troubleshooting any issues associated with the iOS Roaming Client.
Please note: If you are currently using an iPhone or iPad on iOS 15.x and attempt to install with the single installation method, you will receive an error. From our research, this appears to be due to the Apple Configurator itself and difficulties with how it interacts with iOS devices running on iOS 15 and higher. In this case, we recommend using an MDM for installing profiles for iOS 15.x as our team looks into potential workarounds.
If you experience an issue with the iOS app:
- Collect the crash logs - App logs can be found in Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Data. The Log name will be DNSFilter-year-month-day
- Send the logs - Mail the logs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collect logs via the macOS Console app - This can be done by:
- Plugging in your iOS device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) to your Mac
- Launch the Console application (Applications > Utilities)
- From the panel on the left, click on your iOS device name
- Along the Console menubar, select Action and place a checkmark next to Include Info Messages and Include Debug Messages
- Then select Start streaming and now attempt to reproduce the issue
- Allow the logs to run for 30 minutes
- Copy/paste the output from Console into a TextEdit file, save it, and then email those logs over to email@example.com